Janeen Michael has served at Emmanuel Community Church in Conyers, Georgia, as Worship Arts Director, since February 2007. Her passion to express her gratitude to her Savior, Jesus Christ, is demonstrated each Sunday in her role as worship leader.
Native of Pasadena, California and graduate of Atlanta Christian College, Janeen has been entrusted with much from the Lord through His gift to her of a wonderful husband, Jeffery Lanier, Sr., and three children. In answer to the question of how long she's been singing, she responds,
"I honestly don't remember not being around gospel music. My parents believed in training up a child in the way they should go, so as soon as I was big enough to march down the church aisle with the tot's choir at New Revelation Baptist Church, I officially started. But even before my tot's choir debut, my family would gather around the ole' piano and sing. I liked singing Jesus Loves Me very much and that was actually my first solo with the tot's choir. I was too short to be seen over the piano that my mom was accompanying us on, but I was told that you could definitely hear me."
Sitting around that piano was the nurturing springboard to her current musical endeavors. Her late cousin Michael O. Jackson, credited with a Grammy for his work on Quincy Jones' Handel's Messiah, A Soulful Celebration, was one of the many talented family members at these regular holiday gatherings.
Adding author to her credit with the release of her first book titled Journey to Love, her triumph over pain through the grace of Christ, is revealed as the source of her creative expressions.
Written and arranged by Janeen, "With All My Heart" is her sophomore CD release and is the collaboration of many talents. Musical tracks one through ten were produced by John "L-Mo" Elmore; to whose resume', the keyboardist for Tyler Perry's hit stage play The Marriage Counselor, is listed. The music for the anchor ballad God Sees, from her freshmen release, Souledy & A Song, was produced by Jabari Steward, who currently serves in the worship band at Saddleback Church in Lakeforest California. Ron Benner of Dogwood Studios, Conyers, Georgia has an incredible resume' of projects he has recorded and or mixed for, to include Dottie Peoples, Lisa McClendon, Jasper Williams and With All My Heart. Additional talent graced this project through the mastering work of Kenny Mixx, who has mastered music for Prince, R-Kelly, Kanye West, Ludacris, Common and many more.
Invite your ear to heart of God, through each of the songs...
1. Get Up - Urban contemporary selection encouraging all believers in Christ to openly celebrate their relationship with god.
2. Nothing But The Blood - Rearrangement of the classic hymn to include a high energy rock vamp.
3. Yes He Will - Playful echo of the beloved scripture of encouragement, Philippians 4:19; And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (NKJV)
4. Smile - Joined by her husband, children, nieces, nephews and siblings, the family tradition that nurtured Janeen continues through this soulful selection, housing hints of neo-style.
5. Seasons - Smooth musical arrangement that provokes introspective examination of Ecclesiastes 12.
6. Good Shepherd - Anchor ballad of the project, recounting the power and hope in the Truth of the 23rd Psalm.
7. With All My Heart - Childhood story from an adults perspective of the ever changing, evolving relationship with the Maker and Creator of all things.
8. My Everything - Praise and Worship at its best!
9. What Revisited - Pulling from traditional gospel music roots, this revisit and rearrangement of the song What, from the freshmen project Souledy & A Song, begs the question again of the listener's decision for eternity.
10. We Will Meet Again - Memorial of those loved ones that have passed away that points to the hope of meeting them again, in heaven.
11. God Sees - From the freshmen project, Souledy & A Song, this "flash back track" was a must, to re-release.
Lend your ear to the heart of God and...enjoy!!!